1. 3/4 cup of applesauce
2. 3 eggs
3. 1 teaspoon vanilla
4. 1-2 Tablespoons raw, local honey
(honey = optional if you like a sweeter muffin)
5. 8 ounces (about 2 cups) of blanched almond flour
6. 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
7. 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
8. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
9. 2 teaspoons cinnamon
10. 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
11. 1 heaping cup of shredded zucchini (Place in a clean, dry dish towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.)
12. 1 medium size organic apple, diced into 1/4 inch chunks (I did not peel mine, but feel free to peel before dicing if prefer)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place parchment muffin liners into your muffin tin.
- In a bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, vanilla, and honey (if using). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Add in the apple cider vinegar, diced apples, and shredded zucchini. Mix well.
- Portion out the batter into 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes – until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove from the pan and continue to cool on a cooling rack.
- Store any left over muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze.
Recipe courtesy of: