Although the rest of the world would like to convince you that it is time to start buying Christmas decorations, with leaves just beginning to change and the return of crisp cool mornings we are focusing on fall flavors! Let’s look at some Paleo Pumpkin Recipes.
Why Paleo Pumpkin Recipes? When asked for an opinion on diet, Dr. Jordan typically recommends removing all forms of wheat, dairy and processed sugar from your diet. If you are searching for a recipe and want to be sure it will be wheat, dairy and sugar free, using the term paleo will always give you safe quick results!
We suggest to search Paleo because if you find a flour-less (meaning wheat free or gluten free) recipe, it may still contain dairy and/or sugar. The same applies if you search for a dairy-free option. Commonly these recipes with have some form of gluten or sugar as an ingredient.
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
– Combine all ingredients until smooth, using a food processor can help – Dip in apples, bananas, grapes, strawberries, whatever you like.
Pictures and original recipe from Anestral Nutrition!
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a 9X9 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the crumb topping first: in a small bowl, combine coconut flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix well – should resemble wet sand. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Add in eggs and mix well.
- Add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt. Mix until no dry pockets remain. Pour into prepared pan and top with crumb topping.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Pictures and original recipe from Jays Baking Me Crazy!